Press & Media Photos
Welcome to the Academy Press Photo Area. Images in the press photo area are provided by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for use by legitimate members of the press and media only.
|08/14/2014||The Academy Presents "Illusions of Flight"|
|08/04/2014||The Academy Presents "Beau and Jeff: A Tale of Two Bridges"|
Apply for Access
In order to download high resolution images, you must be registered in the Academy Press List and must log in to your account. To register in the Academy Press List, click here. If you are already registered in the Academy Press List, log in here.
Conditions of Use/Legal
- All materials are subject to the Legal Regulations for using Intellectual Properties of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. You must follow these regulations.
- The Press Section of this Web site is intended only for the press, and not for the general public. Access to download images is strictly limited to press.
- Images downloaded from this site may not be altered.
- Images are available as high resolution JPEG images. Most are approximately 6 inches by 9 inches at 300 ppi resolution, compressed to high quality JPG format. Compressed images will be +/- 1MB, and will take 3 to 6 minutes to download with a 56K modem connection. These images are free for editorial use in reporting about the event for which this image is listed. These images contain embedded captions and keywords in industry standard Newspaper Association of America (NAA)/ International Press Telecommunications Council (IPTC) format.
- All photographs include the correct crediting information in their caption. The images are provided, at no charge, for a one-time use only in your publication.
Information regarding the proper use of the Oscar statuette and the Academy's other registered trademarks may be found in the Academy's online booklet Legal Regulations for using intellectual properties of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Additional questions regarding the proper use of images, the Oscar statuette and the Academy's other registered trademarks should be directed to the Academy Communications Department at (310) 247-3090 or via e-mail at
Images are always listed with the most recent photographs/events first. Thumbnail versions of each image are provided in order to quickly browse through list results. Screen-sized preview images are also available from within the list results. These previews open in their own window and load much faster than the full size, high resolution image. Please see the help section for additional information.
All questions related to press photos, including technical problems, should be directed to email@example.com.